Saturday, February 11, 2012

Antique Mall Virtual Shopping

Thought you all might enjoy seeing pictures of a trip we took today to an especially charming antique store in Columbus Ohio.

All hands on deck! I'm not sure this would be my own collection, but it definitely shows how any objects displayed in large numbers can make a big impact.


A lovely needlepoint Lady and the Unicorn


I have no idea what the original purpose was of this figural piece, but I thought it was lovely. It appears that it originally was made to be flipped upside down.


I'm a sucker for bubble glass, and I love this shot as well:

Burne-Jones!


A lovely classical design on a fireplace grate:


Stained glass lamp with two swan lovers.


I'm guessing this stunning sideboard is from Art Nouveau era from the two side panels.


Look at all these salvage pieces!


This was my favorite item there. It was enormous.


Look at the carved detail on the frame!


Click here if you'd like to see what I couldn't leave the store without.

4 comments:

  1. OMG I want all those salvaged grates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEAREST! WHat a display. LOVE all the tapestries and.....do you have any tapestries at your cottage? WOULD YOU LIKE ONE? I have one I would love to send you. Come on over and we can discuss it and if you would like it, it is YOURS! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds, me too!!

    Anita, I have one or two tapestries, but if they are medieval I can always take more!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What store was that? I love that swan lamp.

    ReplyDelete